Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's here! It's done, the proofs are in!

"A street kid and a small cat experience fear, hunger and pain in a dangerous subterranean world."
This is the cover of Feral, published by Orca Book Publishers, being released April 2008. When they're printed, the eyes will glint, but for now, this is it! Cool n'est pas? And the interior is just as good. Orca's art director is incredible. Now that it's almost all over (except for the launch), I can say that it's been a wonderful process. Sarah is a terrific editor, the art director is an inspired genius, the staff have been marvellous and professional and friendly. I love working with Orca.

And there will be a launch - invitations will be going out soon.

9 comments:

Peter T Chattaway said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great Cover!! I'd definitely pick up this book! Love the concept, too! Good luck!

Bev. Cooke said...

Thank you! Needless to say, I'm excited about this. Especially seeing the proofs - they're awesome.

Mimi said...

I cannot wait!

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Hey congrats. It is soooo very fun to get the cover! Those book designers just amaze me with their skills.

Did you get to have any input in this?

LindaBudz said...

Kinda creepy. I love it!

Gabriele Goldstone said...

congrats! It's simply gorgeous!
I can't wait to read it.
-gabe

Mrs. C said...

Bev,
I saw your post on Children's Writers, and I'm so excited for you! I look forward to the day that I can see the cover of my children's book, "Pilgrim's Basket." It's on the journey through the publishing process,(check out its journey at http://writethroughme.blogspot.com/).

My heart however, is in Y/A lit. It's exciting to see someone getting onto shelves in the Y/A world.

Congratulations!
Mary Ellen
www.writemaryellen.com

Paula Johanson said...

Awesome cover! Goes well with the title. So looking forward to seeing it.