Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Long Road to Recovery

This is quick, cause I'm behind on my life, not to mention my career and my hobbies and housework. At the tail end of August, I got hit with kidney stones and appendicitis at the same time. Sounds worse than it actually was, since I didn't realize I actually had kidney stones until I was in the emergency room and the results of the tests came back - it was the doctor who informed me of it.

There was no pain from the stones, all of it seemed localized to my right abdomen, except when the various nurses and doctors kept poking at my back, asking if it didn't hurt there.

Operation that same night, was up on my feet the same night, and discharged from hospital two days later. Since then I've been attempting to do more than lie on my back and stare vacantly into space, with varying amounts of success. I'm almost back to normal now, but I still have trouble with a lack of energy, and tend to run out sooner than I'd like.

I'll go into more detail later, some of the experience was actually funny, even while I was crying with pain. If you're into masochism, appendixes - especially really hot ones, like mine was - are definitely the way to go.

More on this later.

No comments: