Yes! We're having a "literary event" to celebrate and promote Keeper of the Light! It's a a reading, with a Q&A period afterward, and perhaps some goodies to keep our strength up.
It's being held in conjunction with the BC Deanry Conference of the OCA (Orthodox Church in America), Archdiocese of Canada.
Location: Holy Resurrection Church, 75 East 43 Avenue, Vancouver BC
The Deanery conference is from 10 to 3 pm and we'll be on about noon for a while.
I'll be reading a section from the book, and Bonnie Gillis, the illustrator for Keeper of the Light will be present to talk about her work, and hopefully show some of the original artwork for the book, and answer questions about art and illustrating and whatever else. I'm very excited about this part - I can't wait to meet her.
Both she and I will be signing books and there will be copies for sale.
It's due to the generosity and open handedness of St. Herman of Alaska church, and their Matushka, Donna Farley that this event is taking place. Thanks Donna!
Mark in on your calendars now - October 28 (Saturday), Holy Resurrection Church, 75 East 43 Avenue, Vancouver BC, noon to whenever. (no later than 3.)
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! Congratulations!
Post a Comment