Thursday, November 23, 2006

Finished!


It's done! And in! Street Kid, Subway Cat is officially submitted to Orca Press. I hand delivered it yesterday, and have been feeling bereft ever since. I don't want to leave that world - it's been almost more real to me for the last couple of years than my own world of family and friends, and I think half of my upset mood yesterday was letting go of it. I kept wanting to go back to it and kept thinking about what I had to do next, only to realize that there was nothing to do - not until I hear from Sarah.

It's in her and God's hands now. Well, it's been in God's hand since the beginning - I just hope I've done as good a job on it as His gifts to me deserve, is all. But like everything else, it never is as good on paper as it is in my mind.

As always, Glory to God, and may His will be done. But I really hope His will is for this book to be published by Orca!

Here's a photo of the "real" subway cat - Gidget, taken just after my brother-in-law, Eric, brought her home from the subway. As soon as I can find one, I'll put up one of the cat I think of when I wrote Street Kid, Subway Cat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The subway must be a miserable place to be a cat. I'm so glad Eric found her.

Anonymous said...

Another book out! Bev, please do let us know when it is available.

Suzanne

Mary Brigid said...

Congratulations on finishing!!! Prayers going up for its acceptance by Orca!